Monday, March 4, 2019

Mom of a Missionary...The Final Count Downs. The last " Fast Sunday" before our son comes home.

The final count downs are starting with my sons mission.  Yesterday was the last "Fast Sunday" before my son comes home.  If you are not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints you may not know what a fast Sunday is so let me explain.  Usually the first Sunday of every month the members of the church will fast for twenty four hours.   While fasting you focus on a prayer for yourself or other individual and the money that you would have spent on the meals you fast through you donate as a fast offering to help the needy members of the church.  During the first hour of church members share their testimonies of the Savior.    When a missionary goes out on a mission some people count down the number of fast Sundays until they return.  I think number wise it makes it feel like they are not going to be gone that long because you are only counting 24 Sundays.
I am working hard to have a lot of  fun surpises for my son when he comes home.  This is the nest that is now in his room to welcome him back to the nest.
I am slowly filling it with items for him.  Some new towels.  He will be able to take these to college if he decides to live up on campus.  This was a favorite basket that our little cat liked to sleep in from time to time, so even though she has crossed the rainbow bridge she has still left her hair behind everywhere.  Which is impossible to totally cleanse the house of so while she may not be here to greet him, I'm sure there are a few kitty hairs around to remind him that she is around in spirit.
All new bath supplies.
I also got some purple peeps, as his favorite color is purple and we are welcoming our chick back to the nest.  As the next few weeks go by more things will be added to this nest and I will share with you as they are added.  Can you tell I'm just getting so excited to have this boy home!
I'm up to December 2018 in putting his memory book together.  What a project I have created for myself.  I still have to go back and stick the photos in place.  I also want to print out maps of the different areas that he served in, and print out larger photos of each of his companions.  The project becomes larger by day and each day I have less time to get it finished.
Well until next Monday.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment