Saturday, March 23, 2019

Cruising With My Husband. Our First Auto Show Adventure. The Sandy Autorama.

This year one of my goals is to learn more about my husbands love of old cars.  So last night we went on our first car show adventure together.  We attended the Sandy Autorama.  What really made this car show for me was there is a car there from "The Dukes of Hazzard!"
This is the 13th car that was used in the shows.  I can't believe that I actually got to see a car from the show.  That was one of my favorite shows as a young teenager.  The man who was showing the car bought it as a wrecked car and restored it.  It just made the night so fun to see this car.
Here is our friend's car.  It is beautiful.


This is a 57 Chevy Bel Air.  My husbands best friends project car. 
Unfortunately he lost his battle with cancer a few weeks ago.  But my husbands friends who own the Phoenix Customs Auto Shop stepped in and helped them to finish the car. It was
a great blessing to our friend to have his car finished before he passed.  It was nice to know he 
got to drive it a little before he passed away.  
Now this is a car I wouldn't mind owning a Mustang. 
This is another car that the Phoenix Customs Auto shop has restored.
If you need work done on a car these men are the ones you should go to.
They do amazing work and are honest and reliable. 
My husband is always talking about how amazing their skills are. Every now and then
my husband will help with the engine issues that is his specialty.
My husband has a side job working on a friends old cars.  This is not the actual car he
is working on, but he needed photo's of this car because he is working on a similar car.
He wanted to show the owner what the car would be like when finished.

I like the VW Beetle.  If I ever get a newer car
this is the type of car I could see my self getting.


The vehicles at this show were just so beautiful.
The craftsmanship was amazing. 

My husband telling our friends son what he likes about the
engine of the car.  For my husband the outside of the car
is not the most important thing.  "Sound and Speed" that is
what makes a car fun.

A nice wagon for a road trip to the beach.

I was glad to have another person with us who understood all
the car lingo.  I enjoyed looking at the cars
but I'm pretty clueless about the type of car, year, why it's special.

Well we had a great time at the Sandy Autorama.
I'm looking forward to a summer of cruising with my husband.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment