Saturday, March 9, 2019

The Butterfly Biosphere. An Oasis From The Winter Weather.

The other day I was talking with a co-worker and she was saying she was sick of winter and the cold.
I told her you need to go to the Butterfly Biosphere at Thanksgiving Point.  It's like walking into a tropical wonderland.
They keep the temperature at 85 degrees so if you decide to visit 
make sure you wear light clothing.  They also have a misting of water to keep the 
area feeling humid.  I guess the butterflies that they have there are from 
the tropics of Mexico. 


I have gone almost every week since they have opened.
Its nice to leave winter behind for an hour and 
walk among tropical flowers and butterflies.


I recommend going in the afternoon or morning as I think 
the butterflies are more active at these times.  I took
my husband in the evening and there weren't as many butterflies flying around.




They have signs up that tell what the different butterflies names are
and where they are from.  If you bring children they have little booklets about the butterflies and 
I believe magnifying glasses for them to carry around and use to take a closer look .

They also have a little pond with a turtle and some fish.
I enjoy going to practice my photography and capture cool photos of butterflies.
They even have an area where you can watch butterflies emerge from their cocoons.


They have some other play areas if you have young children.
So if you are sick of the snow and winter cold go check out 
the Butterfly Biosphere.  
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment