Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Mom of a Missionary preparing for my son to come home. 21 days and counting....

Here is the first count down photo I took in April of 2017.  It seems so very far away.  There were 729 days until my son came home.  We were at the beginning of a journey that seemed like it was going to go on forever.
I have marked this countdown sheet and photographed it pretty much every week that my son has been gone.  Every Monday I have sat down and filled in the little circles.  I had the idea that I would make a flip note movie with it.  I'm not sure I have a computer that has the ability to make what I want.  Maybe in a few months that new computer I've been dreaming of will appear.   So much has happened from day one to 21 days left.  We have lost beloved friends.  We have lost our beloved family pet.  Our daughter has finished one semester in college and is almost done with her second semester.  We have all changed and yet we are all very excited to reach day zero and have our son back home.  I think my co-workers will be glad when I am no longer talking about all the things I am doing for my soon to come home missionary. 
One of my many welcome home projects is finished.  His door is covered with 
purple hearts with all the interesting elder names he gave himself.

His welcome back to the nest basket is getting filled with more items.
I even found some peach juice from Mexico to add to it.  There are some new 
colored pencils and drawing paper as I'm sure he will be itching to start drawing again.
I have had a lot of people give me advice about my soon to return missionary.
The one thing I know I'll listen to is to take time to listen to his stories. 
I can not wait to sit and listen to all the adventures my son has had. 
Do you have any advice for me? 
Please feel free to comment.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment