Saturday, July 21, 2018

My Weekly Garden Walk....Week 3 April 17,2018 ....A good week to see lots of different tulips.

It's the second week of the Tulip Festival. The Tulips are in all stages of growth.
I love to see all the different colors and types of tulips.




I like how there are so many differences to the tulips, from their leaves
to their color and size.



I don't think this section of the garden really looked as good as it did last year.

This year there were funny little shoes all over the garden.  They
make it very kid friendly and I believe this was part of a scavenger hunt.


This section of the garden looks even better this week,
I love how it looks like a blue carpet of flowers
going off into the woods. 

The person who wears these shoes must be very big.  





I love how the garden walk ways have lines of tulips everywhere.



My favorite section of the brook that runs through the gardens.
There are yellow tulips on each side of it.  It looks pretty.









This is the rose garden area. 




I love the color of the Tulips they had in the rose garden. 











The Fritts Flowers are interesting looking. It was fun to learn 
about a new flower.


This is looking down at the rose garden from the hill that they have.


I like this photo with the snow covered mountains in the background.


In this part of the garden they have antique Tulips planted.
I'm not sure that I ever got any good photos of them.
These photos are taken in the fragrance garden.
I hope to someday put together a book with the 
Tulips and their names.

























Next year I'm going to take some photo's showing 
how many people are actually in the gardens. You never
have the gardens totally to yourself during the tulip festival.



I really liked this group of Hyacinth, I love how there are
a bunch of different colored ones together. 

I'm not sure I like the floating balls.  Last year they had
the umbrellas in this part.  I liked that better.


I love the coloring of this tulip.





I like this Tulip Sculpture.  One year it was featured in the 
middle of the garden. 


This is what the walk way to get to the gardens looks like.

The second week of the Tulip Festival is deffinetly a good week to go, the tulips all look good and you can see them in different stages of blooming.   I like to go early in the morning before it gets too crowded.
Hope you enjoyed looking at all my Tulip photos. Did you have a favorite?
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment