Sunday, July 22, 2018

My Perimenopause Catastrophe...4 months after my Uterine Ablation... Life is Good!! July 22,2018

My husband and I walked the gardens this past Friday afternoon. 
As we walked past this statue I said to him " I'm so glad to not be her anymore."
I spent 4 years dealing with an issue of blood.  Many times when walking the gardens
I would stop by this statue and understand just how desperate this woman must have felt.
It is now 4 months after having my uterine ablation surgery. I have to admit that after having it I went onto the Internet and read many different scenarios of what could happen in my life after surgery.
I am thankful to report back that I have been period free for the last 4 months. 
My doctor said my periods would be whatever they were by the 4 month mark.
Which I am hoping means no more periods for me.
I am still finding pads and tampons hidden everywhere.  I find them in my car, in my purse, in my favorite back pack.  They are stored in my lunch box.  I don't know when I will feel comfortable with packing them away.  But I can say for me this surgery worked.  
I also told my husband that the pain after the surgery was worth the not having periods anymore.  There was about 2 to 3 hours of extreme pain when I got home, and I had taken quite a bit of pain medication.  My daughter said that she was really worried about me that night as I must have been crying due to the pain.  I can barely remember it.  It was worth it though to no longer be constantly bleeding. I haven't had any strange pains in my stomach area.  I haven't had any cramps, or bleeding and I am very thankful for that.  If you suffer from bad periods this could be a solution for you.
I'm glad to not be having a perimenopause catastrophe anymore.
G.G.




No comments:

Post a Comment