Sunday, July 15, 2018

My Weekly Garden Walk... April 3, 2018. Week 1.


One of my goals this year is to walk at the Ashton gardens every week.  I love gardens and I love taking photos.  I thought it would be neat to photograph the changes over the course of the garden season.  I started this Journey in April.  The big event every year at the gardens is their Tulip Festival.  But I can tell you that every week there is something new to see.
This is one of the views from the Gardens of the mountains with snow still on them.  I didn't think of doing a blog of each week until a few weeks ago, so the first few blogs will not have points of references to notice the changes.  I guess I'll have to do this again next year.
This is the first year that I have gone to the gardens the week that they open.  Their big push is the Tulip Festival and I've always gone during that part of the garden season, but not the week before.  It was actually nice to see Daffodils.  As I don't usually see them.  One of my favorite places to photograph is the little stream that runs through the gardens.   As I continue through the garden season try to see how many times the flowers around it change.  Right now it looks like there will be some tulips blooming soon.
There were a few Tulips blooming.  I love the color of this one.
Another project I'm working on is getting photo's of flowers before they bloom.  I want to make a books some day with flowers before and after they bloom.  So this is a before it blooms photo.
Do you know what flower this will be?
I also want to do a book with the meaning of flowers.  So I'm always trying to photograph new flowers that I don't have.  I'm not even sure I know what this flower is.
When I think of spring I think of Daffodils.



I loved this spot where they had purple hyacinths growing in a grove of trees.

The Carousel has no flowers around it, and the trees all looked like they were very dead.  What I found out on a future walk was that there are trees that do not drop their leaves in the fall.  The leaves do not fall off until the spring leaves start growing.  Kind of interesting fact.
I liked the color of this tulip and the interesting purple and green stripes on its leaves.
Pink Hyacinth
 These strange plants were one of their plant focuses for the spring season.  They had them in various areas through the gardens this year and also had signs telling about them.  It was fun to learn about a new flower that I haven't seen before.
 Sometimes I like a photo just because I know that I got a good photo despite the fact that I was really far away from the flower.  I was pleased with the photo above because I got a good close up of this flower, I'm not even sure I know what it is, but I was really far away from it.  I someday want to get a better camera for close up detailed photos.  But I'm pretty happy with my camera.
Purple Pansies.  I love at the moment seeing anything purple.  Because it's  my son's favorite color. So when I see purple I think of my son and say some prayers that he stays safe on his mission.
Can't wait to see what changes there will be on my next walk.
Do you have a favorite place to walk?  Have you thought of photographing the changes that occur over the course of a year?
Until Next week.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment