Sunday, July 22, 2018

Mom of a Missionary...Emails from Mexico...July 16, 2018

Stand up straighter, Elder!
Hello, friends and family.

This week has brought new and unexpected challenges along with it. 

We have been walking. We have been talking. We have been working, and we have been inviting. Very few people are there when we try to visit them for the first time.

I'm getting much better with talking to people! I'm to the point where I can start a conversation with a random person on the street merely by saying "Good afternoon!" and shaking their hand. I'm not so good with continuing a conversation, but that's where my companion is excellent. 

The members here (and my companion) are trying to give me a few pointers. They're all telling me that I need to eat more and I need to fix my posture. Constantly reminding me to stand up straight with all my might and eat more than just one plate! I'm under a lot of pressure. A lot of things are weighing on me right now, and I wasn't exactly ready for more. I'm working on it. One day, I might have more to worry about than just having to eat more food!

The work continues onward. This is the last week of the transfer, and transfers are coming up this next monday. Please don't be shocked if I don't get to write until tuesday.
(Coconuts)

(Coconot-good-at-all)


(Coconice 👍)




(My companion with a machete. We gave service to the bishop, he broke his foot and he can't clear his yard
 so we came and gave a little help.)
(Here's us and the yard we were clearing. I'm no good with a machete, so I decided to just try and rake up the piles of whacked-weeds and tall grass.)

 Hey! Take some time to slow down this week. Take some time to look at where you're going and ask yourself... is this where God wants me to go?

Love you all! Miss you, have a great week!

-Elder Bowlby

No comments:

Post a Comment