Sunday, July 22, 2018

Mom of a Missionary....Emails from Mexico...July 9, 2018

New week, new challenges!

Hello, Family and Friends! I'm back!

This week was alright. A lot of door knocking, a lot of appointments falling, and a lot of interesting!

So, this week presented a new challenge. I seem to be getting frustrated over every minute detail. It's very strange because for the past few months on my mission I have rarely gotten mad. I get over one issue and begins another! Yikes!

But I know I'll be alright. All it takes is a little bit of studying and a little bit of practice!

Speaking of studying and practice, I tried giving an English class this past wednesday, the fourth of July! I taught some members how to say a prayer in English, and how to say all the letters of the english alphabet (pronounce them, more like it). It was me, my companion, and three members, but it was very nice.

I've been working hard to be more obedient to the mission rules as well. I'm getting up at exactly 6:30, getting to bed at 10:30, doing this thing and that thing, but more pegged to the rules. We have been feeling really good!

Other than that, things are going alright, When I have time at night, I've tried to get back into the habit of doodling and drawing again. I'm a lot more focused on my mission and I'm studying with a lot more meaning.

Here's a scripture from my studies that's helped me during the week:

The prophet Moroni taught us how to judge/discern in between what is good and what is bad. In a world where there are many different voices and influences trying to talk to us, how do we know what we need to follow?

Moroni 7:16-17

16. For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.

17. But whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do evil, and believe not in Christ, and deny him, and serve not God, then ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of the devil; for after this manner doth the devil work, for he persuadeth no man to do good, no, not one; neither do his angels; neither do they who subject themselves unto him.

Take the time to ponder over the many things you hear and see on a daily basis. What persuades you to do good? What voice is trying to persuade you to do evil? We need to lay hold of all the good we can get, sending aside all that is evil. If we do so, we will be guided by our Father in heaven.

I love you all! Have a great week. Miss you loads, and see you soon!

-Elder Bowlby

No comments:

Post a Comment