Sunday, July 15, 2018

My weekly walks at the gardens.... April 11, 2018. Week 2

 The Tulip Festival is about to begin at the gardens.  There are still more Daffodils than tulips at this point. But you can tell that soon there will be thousands of tulips in bloom.  I look forward to seeing all the different tulips through out the gardens.

I like to walk early in the morning when it is cool out, and there aren't as many people walking in the garden.  This is a pretty view with the mountain tops still covered in snow.  Once the Tulip Festival is happening the gardens will be filled with people.  It's nice to have it pretty much to myself.
They change the flowers around this area many times during the garden season.

Here are some tulips before they bloom. It will be interesting to see
what color they will be and what they will look like in the weeks to come.


This is a pretty flower.  One of my projects this winter will be learning what
all the different flowers are.  I wish they would have identification plaques that tell you
what each flower is. 

I love the orange color of this flower. One thing in my photography that I'm 
trying to do is change the angle of the camera to see the difference.  I read this in a magazine and thought I'd try it. 

If you only have one week to visit the Tulip Festival the first week is probably not the week to visit.
you won't get to see all the flowers in bloom.  I wonder what color these tulips will be.
Last year they were red, orange and yellow.  It was beautiful.

I love this spot, all the blue flowers around these trees.
The rose garden, filled with tulips.  It will be fun to see the changes in the next few months.

This is another spot where they change the flowers often.
Behind the Caterpillar is a pond I love to watch the fish and see the geese and ducks.




Do you see the little bee's bottom?  

There was one section where the tulips were all blooming.
The bees were busy collecting pollen.



One part of the garden I love is the Fragrance garden section.
During the Tulip Festival they have different tulips with 
a small plaque telling you what their name is.





Here is a busy bee, in the fragrance garden.




What I liked about this photo is that you had all these similar tulips
and then in the middle there is this red tulip with striped leaves. 


This is the statue in the Italian Garden. 
I think in a week or two this will look really beautiful when the tulips on the sides are in bloom.
This is the view without zooming in on the statue at the top. 


This is a pretty little flower.  I have to find out what it is.

I like this walk way with all the paper cranes.
I think there is a children's story about making 
one thousand paper cranes.  I need to look up what that means.


I think these anemone flowers are beautiful.  I never knew how many
different colors they came in.







Some photo's of the front entrance way.  I chose a good time to walk as 
while I was leaving lots of people were starting to come in.





Week two of walking is over.  I love to walk and see the beautiful flowers,
hear the birds singing and see the different wild life that live around the gardens.
Some weeks I take lots of photo's and others not as many.
Hope you enjoyed looking at the photo's.
I can't wait to  see all the Tulips in full bloom. 
G.G



No comments:

Post a Comment