Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Mom of a Missionary...Emails from Mexico...June 4,2018

104 degrees outside and I'm feeling fine!

Howdy, Family and friends!
Its me...
​... Elder Bowlby! AKA: The Gringo; Slim Jake!
My companion says that I look like a Vaquero with my sombrero... I think he might be on to something! I don't care, though. It's the only thing keeping my face from being fried!

It's reaching 104 degrees out here! The high temperatures this week are in the 90's and 100's, while the low temps are only in the 70's! The sun doesn't help either, really! But it's a good thing that I'm built to last. I'm like a solar battery! Bring it on, sun! I've been needing some of you to make up for that time I was cooped up in my room!

The week went by oddly fast. We've been walking, talking, and working! We're teaching lessions to prepare a young child for baptism. His family is all members, but he had fear of water at age 8 so he wasn't baptized in that year... apparently that makes it a job for the missionaries! Pronto we will have him connected to his eternal family.

My companion and I started talking yesterday about reasons for coming on the mission. He asked me if I think God sent us to this mission to learn something. I went on for about 10 minutes about every little blessing I had/have at home that I don't have now, and how grateful I am for them! Central air! You have houses cooled by central air! Wow!

There are many more reasons that God decides to send us missionaries out there! I'm sure I'm going to figure out all of the reasons why he's sent me here!

Love you all! Miss you, and have a great week!

-Elder Bowlby. AKA: The Missionary; Él que tiene que comer más tortillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment