Monday, June 25, 2018

Mom of a Missionary ....E-mails from Mexico April 23rd...

Counting up on the countdown.
Welcome to the halfway point. 

It's been a bittersweet kind of journey. Bitter because it's not easy, and sweet because I've learned so much. Every day I learn something new, and often times I learn them from the most unexpected people. My companion Elder Jensen teaches me a lot, and he has half the time on the mission that I do. He wants to be a great leader, and I honestly think that at the rate he's going to be amazing.

Every now and then I wonder where I'm going and I can't see it very well. It's hard to see just how far i've come sometimes. The good thing is, even though I can't see very well in the fog of life, I know i'm getting somewhere! 
​(This literally translates to "Street Without Name". Look how far i've come!)

The week itself has been very difficult. We've done a lot of walking, a lot of knocking, there's been a lot of sun and it hasn't been too fun... mostly because of the heat and all. We still chug onwards! We're striving to be better every day. We're working little by little to strengthen the ward.
(Here's me, one year on the mission. 18th of April, 2018)
​(Woah! Talk about a difference. This is one year of constant drawing and doodles).

I love you all, stay safe, and stay strong! Here's a scripture that helped me recently:

It's in Alma, chapter 26: verses 27 and 28.
​ 27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.

28 And now behold, we have come, and been forth amongst them; and we have been patient in our sufferings, and we have suffered every privation; yea, we have traveled from house to house, relying upon the mercies of the world—not upon the mercies of the world alone but upon the mercies of God.

Remember, patience is a virtue. We need to trust in the Lords timing and the Lord's lessons.

I miss you loads and I hope that you're all doing great! Thank you for your e-mails and photos. I'm very happy to hear from you all, always!

-Elder Bowlby

No comments:

Post a Comment