Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Mom of a Missionary...Emails from Mexico June 18,2018

El Mante-Week 1
Hello, Friends and Family!

It's me, Elder Bowlby again.

This week was my first week in El Mante. Things are going interestingly. We've been putting ourselves to work, focusing on talking with everybody possible, inviting people to baptism, and working hard. This area has a lot of needs and I hope to work hard in order to re-activate families.

The ward is even smaller than the last one I was in, and there are a lot of inactive families. The area is bigger than my last one too. We're partially in a part of town that's really nice but then part of our area has some really big needs.

I still keep drawing! I've been becoming really interested in what goes on in my dreams. I've been updating my journal with little mission memories and I've also been writing down the dreams I've had and I keep updating my drawing books, so the future generations will look at everything that I've written and drawn and be like "What the heck was going through Great Grandpa Bowlby's head?"
I'm eating well, the members are giving us a lot of food and there are plenty of Mangoes to eat. I'm also sleeping better, too! The bed here is much more comfortable. 

I'd like to share a scripture from the Book of Mormon that called out to me recently.

33 And great was the multitude that did enter into that strange building. And after they did enter into that building they did point the finger of scorn at me and those that were partaking of the fruit also; but we heeded them not.

34 These are the words of my father: For as many as heeded them, had fallen away.

There are many difficulties, challenges, and problems we can face in our lives that may appear as mocking voices and pointing fingers. The important thing is that we press forward with faith in the Lord. When we are partakers of the joy of the Gospel, we need to take no heed of the often noisy distractions of the world, and focus more on the eternal life we are preparing for.

I love you all! I miss you a lot. I have a lot of changes to make here on the mission and I'm excited to see what these next few transfers have to tell me! I'm going to be seeing you next week!

-Elder Bowlby

No comments:

Post a Comment