Monday, June 25, 2018

Mom of a Missionary.... Emails from Mexico May 7,2018

Corto pero poderoso
Hello, Family and friends! Tis I again, Elder Bowlby.

The week was a normal week. Elder Grande and I are working hard and working smarter. We're searching for families where not all in the family are members.

We knocked a lot of doors and did a lot of talking. The basics of the week, really. Work goes on in the Lord's timing and pace. I give thanks that I'm able to be serving for this year of 2018.

Elder Grande and I talk pretty openly and I think we're already becoming good friends. He's from Puebla, the Mexican state where the 5 de Mayo celebration comes from, because it's "The Battle of Puebla". 5 de Mayo is not the independence day of Mexico. It was also really quiet this May 5th. Not a single firework.
Elder Grande tells me that Puebla is really cool. I might want to go some day just to check it out. He says that there are volcanoes near his town! Nice. 

Here's a scripture that I liked recently. Read and see how it applies personally to you!

3 Nephi 9:14 (This is Jesus Christ speaking): Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.
Eye​ will be seeing you later. Love you all, and stay safe! Be strong, firm, and true!

-Elder Bowlby

No comments:

Post a Comment