Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Mom of a Missionary....Emails From Mexico...May 21, 2018

Hello. It's me.
Beep-Boop. It's me again. Elder Bowlby. 
It's been a week again. The normal. A lot of walking, a lot of talking. Chugging along at the pace I can.

The sun is getting closer and hotter. A member family loaned us some sombreros to use (not the big kind, but a smaller type). It's made out of dried up palm leaves and covers my neck and face very well. Now I will only have to use sunblock on my arms.

We had a baptism this weekend, with an investigator to the church that we have been teaching for over a month. She was very happy to be baptized! A member who is a close friend of her daughter baptized her, and I was able to confirm her member of the Church.

​It went very well. Now she wants to make preparations to enter the Temple with her daughter.

We are working hard to find other people to bring to the Lord. Little by little we push forward our efforts.

Thank you for reading. I hope you're all having a nice week/month.

Love you! Miss you!

-Elder Bowlby

I am so happy for my son that he has had this little success in his mission to see a person decide to be baptized and join the church.  The fact that she wants to prepare for the Temple is wonderful.  What great blessings this little family will have. 
In our house we have a little missionary plaque that says :  Mis-sion-ary  {Noun}  A person who leaves their family for a while, so others can be with their families forever... 

No comments:

Post a Comment