Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Mom of a Missionary....Emails from Mexico, May 28,2018

Double Dragon Round 2 + a new way to contact!
Hello, family and friends!

It's me, Elder Bowlby again. How are you?
Its been a normal week. A lot of walk, a lot of talk, a lot of work. I got sick this past friday and had to get an injection. It was crazy. I hadn't been that sick since tampico! Hahaha.

This week, I tried a new way of contacting. I've been looking for ideas on how to better reach out to people, and I tried giving away my artwork! I try to talk with five people per day, so I try to make five drawings every night and give them all away. It is not easy because I don't have much time to make the drawings. Here are some examples.
​Batch 1
Batch 2 (The theme was mountains)
​Batch 3.

The card idea has had moderate success, and I'm looking into new ways to do the work. Little by little I'm going to find new ideas to try out.

Sorry that there are no photos of me, we haven't had much time today. My companion had to go and fix a molar at the dentists office today.

Remember to think in long term! Think for the future! Where do you want to go and who do you want to be? What is your goal?

Love you all! Miss you! Have a great week.

-Elder Bowlby
As I look through my son's Emails and all the times he sends drawings, I wonder just how much art work will be traveling home with him in April.  I'm glad that he continues to draw and tries to use it as a way to make contact with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment