Monday, June 25, 2018

Mom of a Missionary...Emails from Mexico May 14,2018

Everyone asks the question:
"So, do you wanna go home yet?"

Hey all. It's me. Elder Bowlby. I remember that one year ago, I was in the confines of the CCM in Mexico city, with a small amount of time to call my family for a short telephone call. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to call my family once again. It was very welcomed. I was very happy to talk and to share experiences! Of course, they've already begun the countdown.

It's funny, really. Now that I have a year on the mission, the questions people are asking me are strikingly strange. Many people ask if I want to go home already, some ask me how I feel to be halfway through, others ask if I'm going to miss Mexico... and I'm still kind of: "Uh, I'm still here. Still have an entire year.

The week itself was pretty normal. A lot of door knocking and many interesting results. Our progressing investigator passed her baptismal interview, and as of now we are planning the baptismal services and everything. The members are really happy and excited for her.

​(Here's me. I promised photos. Hello everyone!)
​(I also promised a photo of all of my purple ties. Including the one I am wearing, I have 10.)
Love you all! Have a great week. Please remember Jesus during the week! I've been learning a principle of how to increase faith and strength in the gospel. When you have a moment, remember the Savior! He's always there to help, and if we look unto him in faith constantly, we'll have the Holy Ghost as our companion.

Stay strong! Miss you!

-Elder Bowlby

No comments:

Post a Comment