Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Mom of a Missionary...Emails from Mexico April 3,2018

An untimed, but timely, change of time change.

Hello, friends and family! Elder Bowlby here. Nice to greet you. 

This week was a normal week of work as usual. Lots of walking, lots of knocking, and lots of people going on vacation. This past week being the holy week (semana santa), there were a lot of celebrations among the various catholic and christian families out here. We often walked by people carrying large, wooden crosses. On good friday, the people swarmed to their churches to participate in the services of what was the celebration of the crucifixion... but on Sunday it seemed that nearly nobody did anything. The streets were very quiet. It seems that, like the actual resurrection of the Lord, only his disciples were able to see the miraculous event.

We focused a lot of our teaching on the resurrection, emphasizing eternal families and the ability, gift, and joy of living again with our families. 

The members gave us a lot of fish this week. One day we arrived at a members house to a fully fried tilapia! An entire fish, bones and everything. I was very happy and satisfied.

The time change in mexico started the saturday of conference, so actually, for the past few weeks, I've been running on Utah time zone! For that, I arrived at the saturday session thirty minutes late. Oops.

It's darker in the mornings but much lighter during the day. The sun is near unbearable sometimes. It's really difficult to be out for long periods of time.

I would send a photo, but sadly, I forgot my camera at the house today :(

Well, I love you all! Please take the time to re-visit and review the sessions of general conference.
Stay safe, I miss you loads, and please, don't forget to do the basics! Read, pray, and attend church!

-Elder Bowlby
So some how I skipped most of the April Emails, so I've gone back and put them in, sorry they are not in order ...

No comments:

Post a Comment