Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Mom of a Missionary...Emails from Mexico June 12,2018

A week without water!

Stuck my USB into this here computer and it got Viruse'd again. Heh. This always stinking happens. Unless you have anti-virus, DON'T DOWNLOAD MY PHOTOS please for the protection of your device, because who knows how stinking evil this virus could be. It could be... possibly one of the worst. Just makes everything direct access and hides the photos. Its what's called a shortcut virus. It's a nasty little sucker. Invades memory devices and everything. I'm banking on the hope that it doesn't ruin the camera/spread through e-mail.

Well, surprise! I've been moved to a new area. I'm now serving in Ciudad Mante, Tamaulipas. Everybody told me that this here city pushes more heat, but eh, I don't mind.

I'm already running out of time because I tried to get rid of the little sucker of a virus but he just won't go away... this is why I don't like cibers too much.

Well then! This week was my last week in Puri. I did everything that I could in order to work hard and push myself... only that we didn't have water. The water dried up about tuesday night... and we didn't get water back until friday night... and then it vanished again saturday night! We had to travel to a different area in order to bathe ourselves and it was awful because the closest area is still a bus-ride away.

We had two baptisms planned for this saturday. Too bad I got transfered! My companion is going to get them all arranged and set away.

My new companion is Elder Lopez from Honduras. He's rad! We're going to do a lot of work together. We get along great and we actually already know each other from another zone.

I was sort of sad and sort of happy at the same time to leave Purification, mostly because I loved the ward so much that I began to become really worried about the ward's problems and I couldn't have peace. Now that I'm in Mante I can re-focus on missionary work in new ways. I'm going to get to know everyone the best I can.

Well then. I'm going to send a few more photos. I hope that they don't infect your device. Probably not going to use this USB after the mission unless I get it fixed :'(
(A view from the mountainous purification)
(Tecolota sends a "hello" from Victoria. She posed for this photo).
(I found this in a liahona from 2007. It translates roughly to: "Don't let text messages run your life". They tried to warn us but we didn't listen!!!!)
Well, I love you all! Good to see and hear that you're doing alright. I hope things go well for you out there and that you can manage the stresses of your daily labors!

Stay strong!

-Elder Bowlby



No comments:

Post a Comment