Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Mom of a Missionary....Emails from Mexico April 16, 2018

WOOAAAAAAAAAAAAHH WE'RE HALF WAY THEE-EERE

WOOOO-AAAH! Livin' offa prayer!

Hello, Family and friends. Elder Bowlby here. Basically, the one year mark is at hand. I am about 50% through with the mission. This week was really strange. I went to Tampico to renew my visa to the country, and it dumped buckets of rain on me. I was lucky that I had brought my rain jacket because it was a mere drizzle back in Victoria. I was the only one prepared to face the rain.
The weather here keeps shifting from a blazing, burning heat... to a chill breeze. When I wake up in the morning it's cold, but by mid day the heat is soldering. The members have advised me to take more caution into wearing sunscreen. I have been taking the required precautions.
Every now and then my companion reminds me that I complain a bit much. As such, we start 24-hour positivity cycles! For 24 hours we don't say anything negative. Yeah! It's great.

Friday we had a Ward Family-Home-Evening where we tried to join up as many members of the church to have a night of activity. My companion and I hosted the event. We talked about Charity and love, and had a lot of games to play. It went really well.

We have had moderate success this week. We've been looking and sifting for people who are willing to make an effort in hearing and moving towards Christ.

This week has ended in a splurge by me in celebration of my year mark in the mission. I went and changed out some americamoney that Mom had sent and bought. Thank you, Mom.
Can you believe that I actually got a lot of good cards from these random packs? I'm very satisfied. 

As the year is this wednesday, So begins the "countdown" as many are telling me. It's strange to think about. One night I woke up with a bit of a panic attack over attending college and finding a job. I had to try and force myself to sleep knowing that these things will work out.​ I'm just going to try and take it one step at a time.

Love you all! Until next time.
-Elder Bowlby
It seemed like my sons first year on his mission really flew by.  And while he may not be counting down the days until he returns we are.  An interesting little note about this email, I often work a very early shift on Mondays and I am constantly checking my phone for my sons e-mail.  It's the best thing about Mondays.  When I opened his email, the song that he starts the e-mail with was playing on the radio where I work.  I think that was God Winking at me.  Saying everything is going to plan.  

No comments:

Post a Comment