Sunday, March 8, 2020

Romancing Mr. James. A.K.A. My Husband.

     My Son and I were chatting about my blog the other day and I told him I hope someday my great grandchildren will find my blog and read all the different things that I thought about and posted.  I know that most of them are boring.  I do a lot of blogging about walking in gardens.  As I thought about it I thought, I should do some blog post about the love my husband and I share for each other.  So that is what any of the "Romancing Mr. James" blog posts will be about. 
      I am going to admit a deep dark secret.... I used to be a romance novel addict.   I don't remember what age I started reading them but they were always my favorite books to read.  I especially loved the regency romance novels.  I'm sure it had to do with day dreaming about ball gowns and riding horses.  Books with  dukes being in love with a wild willful young lady was always a wonderful way to leave the world behind.
   At some point in my young adult life I came across this young man who had black hair and blue eyes and I thought I had met a "god" or perhaps the most perfect looking male specimen.  All my favorite romance novel men had black hair and blue eyes.  I thought I must marry a man with black hair and blue eyes.  I just have to find that perfect looking man and have him for myself.   I think in some bad break up I once even told a guy I had been dating that it was destined for us to not stay together because he really wasn't my type in the looks department.  I was labeled a "heart breaker" back in the day.
    Then one day that most perfect looking man walked into my life.  Black hair, blue eyes, and a love of life that I had never before experienced.  The fact that he was eleven years older than me didn't phase me at all, because all romance novel hero's are much older than their future bride.  He was just the one for me.  I knew from all my romance novel reading that catching this one was going to take work.  There were even moments when I was sure this "I am never getting married, confirmed bachelor"  was not going to be one that I was going to catch. 
   Somehow the stars aligned and here we are 24 years later still very much in love. 
I somehow was able to weave a love spell around my husband that has lasted the test of time, or at least 24 years.  I am grateful for this and still work to keep our love growing strong. 
Ah young love, the future ahead of us.  Two every different people vowing to spend
their life together and also all eternity too.  I think in my mind though I had always been 
looking for my husband.  I feel perhaps that we had promised to be with each other before we
even came to earth.
I can't imagine life without him.  

We have had our ups and downs in the last 24 years, but through it all we 
have become more in love.    As we have entered the stage of the empty nest, we have
started to go on dates again.  I look back and wish we had started earlier.  I won't be sad for what could have been though.  I will just be happy that we have found this new aspect to our relationship 
and enjoy each moment.

So what previously in my blogs was called day dates, I will now call
"Romancing Mr. James." 
I make my husband lunch to take to work everyday.  Each day I try to put a love quote in his
lunch box.  I want to have a year of love quotes. 
" I'm so in love with you and I hope you know
Darling your love is more than worth it's weight in gold
We've come so far my dear
look how we've grown
and I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old.
Just say you won't go. "
By James Arthur. 
How do you keep your marriage healthy and happy?
Do you go out on dates, do you give each other love letters?
I find I am a romantic at heart.  I'm so glad I found my husband 
to share this love with. 
I will love you forever Mr. James. 
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment