Monday, March 23, 2020

6 Days until the gardens are supposed to open....Will they stay closed due to the Coronavirus?

Hello my friends, I'm wondering if I will be wandering the gardens this spring.
Spring is here, and the gardens were to open this Saturday.
I asked for the weekend off months ago. 


Months ago the future looked bright.
We all had 2020 vision.
2020 was going to be the greatest year. 

Then two weeks ago this Coronavirus from China started 
spreading everywhere.  People started buying food to 
stay in their houses for months.  Toilet paper is not
found anywhere still.

I work in the grocery business and life has been insanely busy. 
There is no normal.  People continually call up asking about 
when the trucks normally deliver things.  But there is no normal.

People yell and scream at us.  We now wear gloves when working.
We wipe things down constantly.  I wonder now everyday "Do I have it yet?"
There is stress, there is exhaustion, there is anxiety.  
Working at a grocery store had been such a calm place for me.

I want desperately to be two or three weeks from this date.
I want to be beyond this pandemic. 
I want to be wandering in the gardens taking photos of flowers.

I have been trying hard to keep to my routines when at home.
Doing the things that keep me calm, the things that keep me grounded.

I am staying away from Facebook.  I think I need
to stay away from the news too.  I'm too small of a person, 
there is nothing I can do, I will get it or I won't.
I could get it and not even know. 

I will just be thankful each day that I am healthy.
I will be thankful for a job.
I will trust in Heavenly Father. 

I am not sure what the next few weeks will bring.
I will continue to look through my old photos.
I will continue to hope that as April arrives,
the world will become healthy again.

And soon I will be wandering among the flowers of the garden.






If it does not open, I at least can go walk around the lake.
I look forward to the Pelicans coming back.
Are you shut in?
What are you doing to not be stressed and worried?
Stay safe and healthy.
G.G.



No comments:

Post a Comment