Saturday, March 14, 2020

14 days until the gardens open....Will the Coronavirus keep me from it?

Hello my friends.  There are 14 day until the gardens are supposed to open,
but now I am wondering will they open? They always have a huge 
Tulip festival to start the garden season and people come from all over to see it.
But with all the Coronavirus restrictions I'm wondering if anyone will even see
the Tulips this year.  

It is still two weeks away, but will things be better in two weeks?
Or will this craziness that is surrounding us be worse?

I hope and pray that it will be better in two weeks.
I work for a grocery store.  I'm exhausted and I work behind the 
scenes mostly as I do the accounting for the store and work with
the money.  But I am also the person who answers the phone all day.

The desperation you hear in peoples voices is heart breaking. 
The energy in the store is so filled with panic, that as you watch it
you feel like you should be out there buying something too.
This fear energy that surrounds you is sometimes overwhelming.

The people where I work have been very positive but 
we are only at day 3, you can't stock the shelves fast enough for the 
people who are buying stuff.

You are seeing all sorts of things that you never in your life thought you would see. 
There are people loading up carts with groceries as if they will  never get food again.
There are others just trying to get their families needs for the week.
There are people who planned events and waited to buy the food and now can't get the
food for the event.  

There are also people who are just plain doing weird things.  The customer who 
has decided today is the day to return something that they bought at Christmas time. 
Arguing that they should still be able to return it, when it is only worth a few dollars.
You feel like asking why are you here doing this?  If you don't need to be here don't be here.
Maybe they need that dollar?  It boggles my mind. 

I have never seen anything like this in my life.
But I feel my family is prepared if we have to stay home for 
two weeks.   Both my husband and I are in jobs that at this moment are
pretty important.  He works for a company that makes cleaning supplies,
and I work for a grocery store.

Really though I just want a sense of normal to come back
My Children are home from college.
We are spending some good family time together.
I am resting as much as possible, because the stress of being in 
panic zone of the grocery store is overwhelming.
So my friends what are you doing during this Coronavirus situation?
How are you dealing with the stress?
Are you looking forward to the day when we all look back and say
I survived that, that strange winter of 2020 
when many people thought the world was ending. 
I will keep you posted on what happens here in 
my little part of the world.
G.G.






No comments:

Post a Comment