Wednesday, March 25, 2020

3 Days until the gardens open....I am still hoping they will open despite the Coronavirus. A little about life in the grocery store.

Hello Friends,
I had started counting down to the gardens opening over a month ago.
Who would have ever dreamed a pandemic would 
arrive and possibly stop this event from happening.

I have walked at the gardens every week for about 3 years now.
I can't imagine not getting to go from the beginning of the season.

There is this small hope that they will open, because usually there 
are not many people in the gardens except for when they have their big events.

Many mornings I can walk and not bump into anyone else.  Which
being an introvert I love.

I work in a grocery store, so even though many people are staying home 
I still get up everyday and go to work.  The crazy panic shopping has stopped.
We have special hours three times a week for seniors, disabled, and immune suppressed
people. 

Our store is slowly getting restocked.  The things that don't
stay on the shelf right now are toilet paper, flour, sugar, yeast, eggs, deli meat and
sliced deli cheese.  Slowly though things are staying in the store longer.
We don't have any disinfecting wipes and a very limited supply of hand sanitizing gel.

Every day there are new rules.  We now have plastic partitions between us and
customers.  Customers don't really get it and poke their heads through any space
that is blocked.  We have signs asking people to stay six feet away from each other.
We have signs telling people where to stand in the check out lanes.
We have to wash our hands if we touch money. I have just given up and wear gloves
all the time.  We have to clean constantly.  I feel like I wipe the same spots off over and over and over.  I sometimes think I have to have so much disinfecting spray on me that nothing could survive.

There are signs asking people to not take large quantities of items,
and signs saying you can only buy certain quantities of items.  You can
only buy 2 packages of toilet paper right now.  People fight with each other and 
us on that rule.

Life is tense in the store.  Employees are exhausted.  Even though the hours 
for the store being open have changed, none of us have gotten much rest.
Sometimes you get 2 days off in a row and sometimes your days off are split.

I find that I sleep most of my day away on my days off.  Some people are finding it 
hard to fall asleep at night.  It takes a while to unwind when you get home.

I had my life very scheduled before this all started happening.  My first week of the crazy
shopping all my at home routines got thrown off, but this week I have been easing back
into it.  I have also started a new routine of having a cup of lemon honey tea when I get home.
It's full of vitamin C and very soothing.  I am working towards walking on my treadmill everyday again.

I have tons of projects, one being going through my thousands of photos,
so as soon as I leave work I go straight home and stay at home.
Looking through my photos, looking at the gardens helps me to relax.

I have had a few anxiety attacks.  Which I am managing. 
I am trying to limit how much I read about the pandemic. 

I am glad that I had distanced myself from social media before all of this happened.
It seems there is so much out there, knowing what is truth and what is false can be hard.

So many of us just want this done.  To be three or four weeks away from this.
I take time each day to think of those things I am thankful for.
To count my blessings.  I am thankful I have a job, and my husband too is still working.

I am thankful my children are home and safe.  I'm thankful for our new 
Sunday schedule of having church in our home.  That has been a wonderful blessing.

I am thankful I continue to stay healthy.  
I am thankful for the Hand of God in my life.

Each day brings us closer to the end of this crazy pandemic.

I look forward to the day when we look back and say it is over, and
we take lessons from this to make the world better. At least I hope that is what we do.

What are you doing during this pandemic?
Do you still have to work?
Are you staying home and working from home?

Are you feeling stressed? 
Are you feeling blessed? 





Wherever you are I wish you good health.
Stay safe and may we all get to that day where we look back and it's just a bad memory.
G.G. 
Hope you enjoy the spring photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment