Sunday, April 12, 2020

The Birds are back at the lake. April 12, 2020

With the Coronavirus in full swing everywhere, 
and basically being told to stay in life is kind of hard.
While I don't mind staying in after 8 hours of working at a grocery store,
I do need some outdoors time to help me stay mentally healthy.
We now have to wear face masks at work and gloves.  I understand it
protects all of us, but a face mask is not comfortable at all, and
you feel like you are being suffocated.

My husband and I take  nice long walks at Utah Lake 
on warm spring afternoons.  We are able to be out
but also stay socially distant from other people.

What I am happy about on these walks is that the birds are finally coming back
for the spring and summer. 

Some like this American Coot and the Mallard ducks have
been here all year.  Others seem to be slowly coming back.
Like the Killdeer above and this black bird below.



I enjoyed watching this little black bird run and 
bounce around looking for food. I'm not sure what it is eating.

This Western Grebe didn't want to stay above the water
for too long so it was very hard to get a photo of it.

There are lots of groups of American Coots around the lake.


The Yellow Headed Black Birds are back.
The hard thing about bird watching is that I don't always get a nice
photo as they are either far up in a tree, or they
fly away when I get too close.

I think this is a Red Wing Black Bird, 
I love their song.

The bugs and other wild life are also back.
We did also see a Hawk and eight Pelicans fly by.  I was too slow to
get a photo of the Pelicans, but I'm so happy they are back.
Do you enjoy bird watching.
What things are you doing during the Coronavirus pandemic?
G.G.

We went out yesterday and I was able to get some
photos of the Pelicans.



I think they are just the coolest birds.


No comments:

Post a Comment