Friday, April 17, 2020

Photos from Easter 2019...Because in 2020 you can't walk around gardens...

We have lived in Utah now for about 9 years.
It's really hard to believe that we have been here for so long.
Every Easter because we have no family out here we

have gone to down town Salt Lake City
and walked around temple square.
They always have beautiful spring flowers.

This year due to Covid-19 we were not
able to do this annual walk. 

We stayed home had sacrament meeting in our house
and then we made my mother-in-laws 
pot roast.  It is a good thing that we are not big into ham or 
leg of lamb as the stores sold out of these items quickly.

I miss not walking at the different gardens in the area. 

There was a point last year when I thought that
perhaps I had taken enough photos of flowers.
That perhaps this year I would not do as much flower photography
as I have in previous years.

Now it's not that I don't want to be out 
seeing the gardens and looking for that next great photo.
Now it's just not allowed.

I have been enjoying going through and editing my old photos.

I have a ton of photos.  I'm using a newer computer with
different photo editing programs which is fun.

The world right now is a strange place.
I am trying my best to stay positive.
There are many people who are very stressed out from all that is happening.

Both of my children are doing college from home.  
My son is doing well, he has been living at home all year so the only difference
for him is now he does all his classes on line at home.

My daughter is a stress case.  Some is her own making because she
wants to get straight "A's".  So every time she thinks she might not be doing well she gets
upset and gets anxiety.  I think perhaps getting a "A-" or "B+"  would be a good thing for her.
Perhaps then she could relax a little.  

My husband has good and bad days.  Many of his family and friends live 
in New Jersey where the Pandemic is killing many people.
He hears stories of people dying in the hospital emergency rooms.
I can say how glad I am that we do not live there.
His work is always a little bit behind what my work does.
They have just started wearing face masks and getting their temperatures 
taken every day.   I think we are in week two of doing that.

I am starting to get used to all the strange changes going on.
I have a good face mask that is comfortable to wear.  I'm getting
used to having it on my face almost all day.
I am used to wearing gloves all day long.  I touch mail and money all
the time so gloves are a must. 

I'm working 6 days straight, so I am sure by Monday I 
am going to be a bit tired of the drama.  It seems if I get two days off
in a row that the first day off I sleep a lot.
I have actually read more books in the last month than I have
read in the last three years.

One thing I am trying to do is listen for the 
promptings of the Spirit.  I'm trying to listen to the Book of Mormon everyday.
Listen to a conference talk everyday.  I'm trying to stay close to God.

As I do this I have felt calmer.  I feel as if even though
there are stressful things happening that God is lightening my load.
I feel cared for, and protected.

I'm so grateful to be where I am at the moment.
I'm grateful when I find an uplifting podcast,
or an uplifting scripture to listen to and focus on.

I'm grateful that I have so many photos from years past
to look through and to organize.
I'm glad that when I come home I can relax if I need to.

I'm also thankful that I have a treadmill in my basement.
I have been walking about two miles a day that really helps me 
feel less stressed.

I know that in a few weeks, or at least I am hoping that
in a few weeks our world will be shifting back to a more 
normal way of life.

Soon we will be able to go out and visit with our neighbors,
go back to church and places will be reopening.

When that happens it will be wonderful.
But I am trying to do positive things now in this 
kind of dark moment.

I think that as we move forward those who have 
been able to move though this and remain positive will
be the stronger for it.

Remember to stop and think of the blessing that you 
have.  Look for how you are being blessed each day and say thank you.

One of my favorite things to do is read the Psalms.
I have two books about the Psalms now. 
I so enjoy just reading them.

I am going through and collecting my favorite ones.
Many of them talk of expressing gratitude.

Others express a belief that God is our protector in
times of trouble and that we need to seek refuge with him.

These verses bring me calm and peace and I am thankful for that.

" One thing I have asked of the Lord,
and that I will seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord [in His presence]
all the days of my life,

To gaze upon the beauty [the delightful loveliness and majestic grandeur]
of the Lord. And to meditate in his temple." Psalm 27:4.

Well I hope you have enjoyed the photos 
from last Easter.

I look forward to the time when I 
can wander about in gardens again.

I'm sure that you look forward to leaving your house
and doing your favorite things too.

What do you miss most from the 
days before the pandemic?

What things have you not been able to do because of the pandemic?
Do you know anyone who has had the Covid-19 / Coronavirus?

Are you working from home or doing school from home?
Are you still going into work?
Have you lost your job?

What do you think you will do when the world opens up again?
I hope not this year but maybe next year to go to Scotland.

Do you have any good book or movie recommendations?

Take care my friends. 
Keep safe. 
Hopefully we will soon have a more normal life again.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment