Monday, April 13, 2020

In The GERMY WORLD We All Wear Face Masks.... Face Masks and Gloves.... April 13, 2020

Each week, sometimes each day the rules for being out in the 
world are changing.  First we were just wiping down stuff multiple times a day.
Then we had partitions put between us and the customers. ( encase you don't know I 
work for a grocery store).  Then we had to wear gloves if we touched money.  Which is 
a big part of the job I do.( well we didn't have to wear gloves but every time we touched money we would have to wash our hands, so I choose to wear gloves because my hands would be raw if I washed my hands all day long, multiple times.)
  Then we had to wear gloves when people brought in mail.
Now we have to wear face masks all the time at work.

We wear shirts to remind people to keep 6 feet away from us.


Really I think we are supposed to wear face masks whenever we
are not in our homes.  I thought I should keep a record of my many different face masks.
The top one my daughter gave to me when I needed to wear a face mask when counting
in the money.  The one with the hood is what I wear when I'm out walking.
It's cold out right now so it keeps me warm and keeps my face covered.

This is a mask a friend made for me.  The rubber elastic hurts my ears,
and it is hard to breath with it on. But I love the cute fox pattern.

I tried my hand at making a scarf a face mask.

It works, but the scarf is a heavy material.
So after about 15 minutes I'm really hot,
and it just feels heavy.  It also tickles my face.
I think it looks nicer than the other masks fashion wise.

I know I don't look wonderful in these photos.
In fact I try really hard not to have photos of me on 
this blog.  But I did want to keep track of what is going on 
in the world. I think I look a bit tired in this photo.
When I get home from work I'm exhausted, from breathing through a face mask all 
day, to dealing with people who just can't understand why we don't have what they want.
I've come to realize we have all been very spoiled, we have always been able 
to get the things we want at a store, and buy as much as we want.
That is no longer happening and it makes people very cranky.  They also don't like
that they can't return stuff.  I think there are people who believe in a few months they
will be able to return things, I'm not sure that is going to happen.

This is my newest mask.  I like that it is pleated so that 
it is not right up against my face.  There is a wire up at the top to mold it to my 
nose for a better fit, and the elastic around my ears works well and doesn't hurt.
It is made of a nice cloth material so I can wash it.
This wearing face masks is not fun.  I get it, we need to keep ourselves and others 
safe, but it is very annoying.  When I am not at work I am happy to stay home and not have to wear face masks and gloves.  
I made a little song..
"In the germy world we all wear face masks.
face masks and gloves
face masks and gloves.
In the germy world we all wear face masks."
I think we should all share photos of our face masks.  There are 
some really cool ones out there. 
G.G.
Do you have to wear a face mask to work?
Do you have to wear gloves?
Are you cleaning things off constantly?
Keep safe, keep healthy.


1 comment:

  1. Hey from Iowa...home of the pleated green face mask. Glad to see you are making use of it. I have the luxury of staying at home sewing masks so I do not have to go out in the world and wear one. I appreciate all you essential workers who brave this crazy and cranky world every day. Say hello to Michelle for me.

    ReplyDelete