Thursday, February 13, 2020

Cat Chat With Dynamite the Rescued Cat. A little Cat Poetry.

Dynamite and I love looking for all things cat.  
Today we are going to share a little cat poem with you.

We hope to have more in the future.  


This poem is called 
"The Naming Of Cats."  By T.S. Eliot.

When you notice a cat in profound meditation,
The reason, I tell you, 
is always the same:
His mind is engaged in rapt contemplation 
of the thought,
of the thought, of his name:
His ineffable effable 
effanineffable 
deep and inscrutable 
singular name.

Can I tell you my cat may not sit around and think about
her name.
But I often wonder who named her "Dynamite."?

I also wonder often what her first name was, because 
Dynamite was the name the shelter gave her.  I often think of what other names she could have had.
She could have been Ginger, or Carrot cat.
She could have been peaches and cream.
She could have been called Kitty, or Lady.
It drives the rest of my family crazy that I wonder what her name used to be.
Dynamite fits her pretty good though.
Sometimes we call her Dyna or Lady Di. 
What is your cats name?  Did you name your cat or did you adopt it with a name?
Well that's all for today.
G.G. and Dynamite.

No comments:

Post a Comment