Saturday, February 29, 2020

Kimber Leigh Explores Utah. The Leonardo, Hill Air Force Museum, Farmington Bay Bird Refuge

I got my explorer bag out and decided to go on 
some day adventures with my husband the last few weeks.
Our first stop was to visit "The Leonardo"  museum.

They have a cool flight exhibit. I liked that
you could get inside the plane and for a moment
pretend you were flying it.

I think my husband liked this too.

It was very interesting to see all the different things
in the cockpit of an airplane.
I don't think I would do well figuring out all this stuff.


We also walked through the Pompeii exhibit. 
I didn't take many photos but it was cool to see.

Our next adventure was to check out the Hill Air Force Museum.
I liked that this adventure was free. 
There were so many cool planes here.

There was so much information after awhile
I felt like I could not read any more.

My husband loved seeing all the different planes.
He knew a lot about them and what they were used for in our
worlds history.

This is the Motion sickness chair.  If you can't survive this
you probably shouldn't think of flying a plane.
I would not survive it.  The little plane behind it was
a small plane that pilots trained in. 

I loved seeing all the different planes and how they were decorated.

I think the one thing I wished was that you could get inside some
of the planes and see what they looked like inside.

I'm sure that they are really expensive and would be 
ruined if lots of people crawled around in them.
But it would have been nice.

My husband is a mechanic, so studying the engine was
a treat for him. He calls it engine architecture. 

They also have airplanes outside of the museum. 
This plane was huge, can you see how small my husband looked next to it.

Ah here we are having a shadow kiss.

This I think is a helicopter.  It looks so weird with out
its propellers. 

After having lunch we went to the Farmington Bay bird refuge.
It's a nice place to take a walk and possibly see some birds.

I have a feeling that Blue Heron stay here all year.

There were a bunch of them sitting on the nesting site.

Those are big nests, and big birds.

A pair of American Coots.  They are a interesting looking bird.

There were also a bunch of Canadian Geese.  
I'm hoping we will visit once a month and see what different birds come to this area.
I love bird watching.  We will probably visit the Air Force Museum 
often too, as there is so much to see, but a bit too much information to absorb in one day.
Have you been exploring where you live?
Do you have a favorite place to go to in Utah?  If so where do you like to go?
G.G.



No comments:

Post a Comment