Monday, February 25, 2019

My Cozy Winter. Things I'm doing to enjoy winter.


This past fall I bought the Bella Grace magazine "the cozy issue" and I decided to embrace this idea of enjoying the season you are in.  I love this magazine, there are no advertisements, it's has beautiful photographs and relaxing stories.  It is a guilty pleasure to sit down and read and relax.  I used to be one of those people who hated winter.  Now I've actually gone out and made a snow angel twice this season.  When was the last time you went out after a snow storm and enjoyed the snow ?
After taking the Christmas decorations down, I kept anything snow related out.
So instead of trying to rush into spring, I have been enjoying anything winter related.


I also went through our photos and printed out photos of 
the kids when they were young playing out in the snow.  
We had such fun sledding, making snowmen and snow monsters. It's nice
to look at the photos and remember our winters past.


I've looked for books that celebrate winter and poems about winter.
I have tried hard to embrace this cold season and find joy instead of misery.

I have looked for ways to enjoy winter with all my senses, I have 
been burning candles that smell like pine, or cinnamon.  I have been using peppermint scented lotion.
I have been eating soups and stews and enjoying comfort food. 
I bought cozy wool socks and flannel pajamas and I have spent a few evenings with the 
lights out, candles burning watching out the back window of my house as we have 
yet another snow storm.  ( Or as my husband says a snow apocalypse.  He is not enjoying the snow as much as me.)

Another thing we have been doing is going for walks on our days off together.







I have to say that I have really enjoyed this winter.  I look forward to doing a few more
winter related activities before spring. 
What are your favorite winter activities?
G.G.


No comments:

Post a Comment