Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Mom of a Missionary. Emails from Mexico, February 4, 2019

That wasn't even cold but I got sick.

Hello, Family and friends! Elder Bowlby here!




Guess what (more or less) still works? My trusty camera. Yes, It's alright I guess, it's just got a big dead-spot in the screen, so the photos are going to end up more-or-less.

So, news-flash! I got sick because it got (slightly) cold! The temperatures didn't even get to freezing, and I almost got bronchitis. I'm going to need some really strong winter jacket for when I get back because if it's even slightly cold I am going to die.

This week we did a whole-lotta work! We've been up-and-down the area, looking for people to teach, helping a lot of people come unto Christ... and it's working! We're shifting gears and moving forward. We have people progressing towards baptism now. We're very excited for them. Elder Anguiano and I are getting along great. Things are looking up and february is only four days in. We have a while to go.

Not much else has happened this week, but out of the few highlights, the ants tried to build a colony in my shoes (much to my displeasure), we went to Tampico again, we ate hamburgers and we're going to have a load of fun in this week. I promise you that I'm not "trunky" yet!

I love you all! Spiritual thought, reading Matthew 3, I noted that John the Baptist was hesitant about baptizing the savior. But why? John was sent of God to prepare the way of the Lord, he called others to repentance, and prophesyed of Christ, yet when the savior arrived he questioned him. The savior comforted him, and then John baptized him. Do we ever feel the same way? Do we ever feel unworthy to complete a task that the Lord has given us? I don't know about you, but there are many times I've felt that way. We need to accept counsel from the Lord in our times of distress. I know that the savior knows us and loves us and wants us to succeed. He gives us the power to do all things. 

I love you all! Have a great week! See you soon!

-Elder Bowlby 🐊


So the little things by his name are crocodiles and I think he puts those by his name because I told him to please not get near the water as I don't need to have him eaten by a crocodile so close to his return home.

No comments:

Post a Comment