Monday, February 25, 2019

Mom of a Missionary. Emails from Mexico, February 25, 2019

Happy Birthday to me! Soy yo!

Hello Family and friends! Elder Bowlby here!

Hey, where are the photos? Oops, I forgot my camara cable... you'll have to wait till next week, folks.

This past week was a bit of a struggle. My companion was not feeling well, and we had to take good care of him. We tried our best to get out there and get going, but most days ended up with us back at home... studying and resting. Very uneventful. We have a few families we are teaching and we have a lot of catching up to do.

The week has been pretty calm, so there's not much to say, but here's a scripture that I read recently:

3 Nephi 9:14 (This is an invitation from Christ to the nephites (and to us) after his crucifixion);

Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.  
When we come unto Christ, we are willing to follow him, align our will to his. We come unto him with our burdens, and his arm of mercy is extended towards us all day long, waiting for us to repent and return. Will we not?

I love you all. Miss you loads! Hope you're doing well, and see you soon!

-Elder Bowlby

No comments:

Post a Comment