Tuesday, February 26, 2019

My Cat and Cancer. Mourning the Loss of My Cat.

Don't be afraid to cry.  It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts.  - Hopi.
This is our little cat memorial.  Her favorite chair (which I call "The Spirit Chair") is covered with her favorite blanket and sitting on the blanket is her box with her ashes in it. I haven't found the favorite photo for her memorial plaque yet.   There is a little feather by the box, I found it by my car a few days after she passed.  Perhaps a sign that she is still there just on the other side now.
They are not dead who live in the hearts they leave behind.  -Tuscarora
I think someday I may get another cat, until that point all my daughters stuffed cats now sit on her cat tree.  We always called it "Cat Command".  I have moved it down to my office.  My daughters stuffed cat colletion is pretty big, when I'm feeling a bit sad I have many different cat choices to choose from to hug.
There is no death, only a change of worlds.  - Duwamish
I'm having a hard time with this change of world things.  Desprerately wanting to have my cat back here and not there.  Greif is one of those things where one day you feel I'm doing ok and the next you are crying and aching.  It can at some moments be all consuming. 
I bought this little black pin with paw prints on it and I wear it.  It is just a way to show that I am mourning the loss of my pet.  I don't think our society allows us the time to be sad and to work through loss like people did in ages past.  As I have talked with friends many have expressed their own sorrows and loss and how they haven't felt they had been given the time to really heal from it.
So as the months progress I have given myself permission to cry, and to feel and work through the loss of my sweet friend.  She was my constant companion at home and I think of her often.  I still talk to her despite the fact I can not see her.  Her cat hair is still everywhere, and no matter how much I clean I am still finding little cat hairs everywhere and when I do I think of her.  I try to stay with happy thoughts, more than I really miss you thoughts.


Here are three books that I have read to help me cope with the loss of my pet.  I think they have each helped give me hope that my cat will be waiting for me on the other side.  They have helped me understand the grieving process and helped me deal with the hard choices we had to make at the end of my cats life.  The last few months have been hard.  The words in these books have brought comfort.  There have been moments when I have felt wrapped in a comfort that I know can only come from my Loving Heavenly Father.
I will love my sweet little fur baby forever.
Thanks for all the love and support you have all given me these past few months.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment