Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Empty Nesters. February 26 2019, The Very Empty Nest.

When we took our daughter to college this fall and both our children were now moved out of the house I remember talking on the phone with my mom saying that I would be OK because I had my fur baby still with me.  My mother then replied  "your cat is very old, do you think she will be around much longer?"   I just wanted to say Shhhh... Don't say that.   Those words they haunt me a little now.  My sweet little cat passed away and now my nest truly feels very empty.   It was like her little spirit was what made the house so very special and now I find myself constantly looking for her and thinking about her.  My husband and I have had a few nice winter day dates.  We have gone to the Great Salt Lake and wandered about.  We have also gone on a few walks at the Lindon Marina at Utah Lake.
I really like this photo of Canadian Geese flying at the great salt lake.  I have enjoyed finding new things to photograph other than flowers.
This winter I went with a friend to one of the free concerts at the  South Town Mall.  I got
to see my favorite Utah vocal group for free.  The Gentri.  They have
some very beautiful music.

We went to The Luminaria at Thanksgiving Point this past Christmas. 
 It was beautiful.


We also checked out the Museum of Natural History. 
We enjoyed seeing all the dinosaur exhibits, it made me think of my son and his love
of dinosaurs.


The Butterfly biosphere opened in January 
and I have been having fun going and photographing butterflies. 
Our daughter is back at school she is enjoying her second semester and working hard.
I think she is taking a lot of math classes.  She likes math, midterms are happening right now and she is very busy studying and working on projects.
Our son has 5 weeks left to his mission.  He is doing well and we are all getting excited for his return.
I hope you are all enjoying winter and have a healthy and happy new year.
G.G.


No comments:

Post a Comment