Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Mom of a Missionary. Emails from Mexico, February 11, 2019

What do you mean; "I Need an Inhaler"??

Hello, Family and Friends! I'm Elder Bowlbronchitis. (Okay, not really, but close).

So my cough from last week didn't go away, and the doctor prescribed me an inhaler to help keep my bronchial tubes open... it's the strangest purple-disk of an inhaler I've ever seen in my life. Honestly does not look like an inhaler, up to the point where a members son thought it was a toy and started asking me for it so he could play with it... I told him it was medicine but he didn't understand that and he started to cry... but I'm smart so I put it in my coat pocket. He starts pointing at my coak pocket, still begging for my inhaler and oooooooooh! I pull out a lollipop instead! Bait-and-switch. He happily takes the sucker and forgets all about my medicine. Whew! Crisis avoided.

So this week, the rain and cold returned briefly. We were still able to get a lot of work done. We talked to 140 people and also taught 17 times this week! Our goal is helping people recieve the blessings of... being married? Sounds strange, but it's true! We're helping families bind together and be stronger! And that's what our message is about, really. Strengthening families, and strengthening faith!

My companion and I are working hard. Meet my companion Elder Anguiano:








e's a load of fun. He's always wearing these sunglasses. We're really good friends! And that allows us to work even harder together. He's doing his best and I am too. 

Here's a scripture from my studies:
Helaman 5:12
12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.  

I don't think that we as members of the church can ever get tired of sharing Helaman's words to his sons (and the world). If we want a secure foundation, we need to always look towards Christ. He will direct us to where we are needed in order to obtain strength and security. I know that is true! 

I love you all! I hope you can stay strong and keep pushing forward! Miss you loads, but don't worry! I'll be seeing you soon!

-Elder Bowlby

Six weeks left to this mission!   Just six weeks.  I was telling my husband that we have only one fast and testimony meeting before our son comes home.   There is so much I need to get done, the welcome home signs, the preparing of his room and this huge journal / scrapbook project that I am putting togther for him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment