Thursday, February 21, 2019

Mom of a Missionary. Emails from Mexico, February 18, 2019

Hey, hey, hey, I'm not down just yet!!


Hello, Family and Friends! Elder Bowlby here.
Still loving Altamira, still working hard! It's yours truly... Me!


hmm... well, i'm a bit sideways. Not going to lie. Perhaps you'll just tilt the screen a bit to get a better look at this fellow.

Things are going well! We're working hard on our goals and plans, hoping to make this final stretch the best we can! You already know it!

This week we had an unexpected visit to the hospital after my companion Elder Anguiano had a severe throat infection and accompanying fever. Oops, that's not too good! We've been running about here and there to get better. A fellow Elder from Mante is accompanying me again for this weekend, my Ex-companion Elder Fernandez from PerΓΊ! He's changed a bit, and he's still going to be around to see my finish!😡 Hey, speaking of FINISHING, please don't remind me! Yikes, I don't feel like my hour has come! There's still a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it! Uh-Oh!

I still have my goal to complete of baptizing a family. I'm hoping and working with all that I have so that we can complete that goal. There's still time. We've got many wonderful families to teach, and we can only hope and pray that all goes well! Here we go; are you excited yet?

So get ready! It's time to work! And to study! Speaking of study, here's a scripture from my studies!

A scripture from Helaman 15 (verse 8) called my attention recently. Here, take a look!

8 Therefore, as many as have come to this, ye know of yourselves are firm and steadfast in the faith, and in the thing wherewith they have been made free.  

The word "Free" jumps out to me here. In what way does living the Gospel make us free? 

Living the Gospel makes us free from addictions and bad habits, it frees us from Satan's influence, and frees us from shame and guilt through Jesus Christ! We're more free when we decide to follow the commandments and follow Christ! Isn't that great?

I love you all, miss you dearly, and hope you're well, you might find that sooner than later... we'll be seeing each other... But don't remind me just yet! Time will go by slower if we're worrying about plane tickets and whatnot.

-Elder Jacob B. Bowlby πŸ‘‰πŸŠπŸ‘ˆ

We have five weeks left of my sons mission and now missionaries can call home each week.  But my son did not call home this week.  And you know that was ok.  We are so used to the emails.  I wonder though his birthday is coming soon perhaps he will call home for that.  We will see.




No comments:

Post a Comment