Wednesday, May 6, 2015

# Throw Back Thursday...Photos of me as a Mother.......

I'm reading this book about Eve...Eve means the mother of all living....Kimberly is the mother of two...A very thankful mother of two....because the doctors told her she should only be the mother of one... Looking back I wish I did more photos like this when the children were babies.  Most of the yearly baby photos are of just the two kids without me...I love these photos now.
This is the black and white version.  I'm glad I had them made this way too....There is something about black and white photos that I love...Being the mother of young children was wonderful...I stayed home and took care of them, napped when they napped...I taught them how to read, write and do basic math...OK I taught them how to count...My son even learned to say the alphabet backwards...My daughter even now says she had the best preschool teacher...I guess I gave her a lot of candy while I taught her things...
We look so young....I would not trade all the riches in the world for the time I got to spend with my children..Those preschool years were so wonderful...I don't think there was a day when they were young that we were not together...Portraits are wonderful...and I imagine that when we cross over all the special moments we captured in scrapbooks will be what we remember about life...All the ugly moments, sad moments, scary moments will no longer exists....We will have our beautiful moments..
School days came and our precious time together was less, but our summers were wonderful.  Everyday swimming at the pool, going to parks, visiting the library and friends.  Oh if they could only have dragged on longer...Summer goes by so fast now. 
These photo shoots were actually fathers day presents for my husband.  We would go and have our pictures taken so that he could carry our photo's around in his wallet.  He loves to show photo's of his family to friends.
The family photo are taken in November for Christmas cards.  The funny thing I notice about my family is no one has the same hair color. (They all have the Bowlby blue eyes...Lucky them...I have Hazel, changing color eyes...)  My husband has black hair (well grey now)..My son has brown hair, my daughter light blond although it is turning more chestnut blond every year , and I've got this strawberry blond going on...with white mixed in... Without my husband I couldn't be a mother....We work side by side...No leader or follower...A team...Sometimes we disagree...but we work it out....
This year we will go and do family photos again.  It is a pivotal year...My son will graduate....It will be fun to see the change from the years past to the present.  These two kids are such a blessing to me I'm so glad I've been the Mother of two...I have all sorts of photo ideas I may tell the photography place to reserve more than half an hour....
My goal this year is to get all these photos framed and hung up around my house.  I've spent hundreds of dollars on family photo's sent them out to friends and family and never framed the ones I've kept....They are still in the envelopes I got them in from the photo store....Such beautiful photos stored away...No more.....  Happy Mothers Day...I hope you have as many beautiful memories of your family as I have...God Has Blessed me.....
G.G.

P.S...If you are a mother of young children go every year and get your photo taken with them...they grow so fast it is worth the extra money you spend...



No comments:

Post a Comment