Monday, May 11, 2015

Planting Forks in My Garden....To keep neighborhood cats away....

My cat is an indoor cat....She helps me plant seeds...She sniffs all the growing seedlings and thankfully has not eaten any, and she watches me garden from the windows in the house. 
She has a friend who is an outdoor cat.  This cat seems to think my garden is the perfect litter box!
This is the perfect place for a cat...Inside, out of the garden.  After cleaning cat poop out of my garden for a couple of weeks, I decided to search the Internet and find out how I could keep cats out..I love my cat, but I don't love the ones that are coming to my garden.


I don't want to hurt the cats, I just want them to stay out.  So one idea that I have tried is planting forks in my garden.  You have to put them all around, it makes it to bothersome for the cat to want to walk around or even dig around them.  Plus if they step on them it doesn't feel nice, but it also does not harm them.
This is the present I'm trying to keep out of the garden!  Ugh!  I had one area that did not have forks and that cat used it. 
Along with the forks I also put lemon peel out.  Cat's don't like the smell of lemons!  I want to video what my cat does when I have lemon on my hands it's pretty funny! The problem I had was we had a lot of rain and the lemon smell went away...The cat came back!
So I've added more forks today.  It is a interesting look to the garden.
along with the forks I've also sprinkled crushed red pepper and paprika in the garden...more things cats don't like.....
The only cat I want in the garden is "Tom Cat"  my garden statue...All others please stay out!  I'll let you know what works!

Related sites:
4 ways to keep cats out of gardens   
Keep cats out of the garden
More ways to keep cats out of gardens
I have to say at least I have a chance of keeping cats out and glad I don't have rabbit or deer issues!
Happy Gardening.
G.G.



1 comment:

  1. Great post, this guide helped me a lot, along with this the get the affordable garden fork brand article also helps more.

    ReplyDelete