Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival.....My Garden Visiting Adventure Part 1......

This past weekend I went to visit the Thanksgiving Point Tulip festival.  This has been something I have wanted to do since moving to Utah and learning about it.  Next year I want to visit the garden every week during the Tulip festival so I can see if there is any big difference in the garden from the beginning of the festival to the end.  I was a bit worried that going on the 2nd to last weekend would mean seeing less tulips.  I was wrong.  And despite all the crazy weather we have had the gardens were beautiful!

This is a photo of the entrance to the Tulip Festival.  This is actually one of the last photo's I took of the day.  I took 255 photos.  My advice to you go early in the morning.  You can stay as long as you want, but going early in the morning means no waiting in huge lines, and most likely having more time in places without huge amounts of people around you.  I hate having people in my flower photos!
Another photo of the front entrance.  We arrived around 10 am and did not have much of a line to wait in.  The walk to the gardens was a bit long, but still not this line, we actually walked right up to the door and went in fast.  I'm hoping to buy a season pass I could spend hours in this garden.  Find a shady spot and sit down with a good book.
OK I apologize now, this first blog post has very few Tulip photos.  This is all just the warm up to the good photos. When you walk into the back garden area you get this view.  There are 55 acres of gardens here.  They plant a quarter of a million tulips... Wow....This looks out on all the hidden gardens..There were people set up practicing their painting, and art techniques, Photographers of every level, families, couples, people of all ages and backgrounds.  And yet there was space enough to feel at times like you were in your own little paradise.  If you are elderly, handicapped, or just don't feel like walking you can even rent a golf cart and drive around the gardens.  My husband and I walked...for hours.....
There is a little man made stream, with fish and geese...It reminded me of our New Jersey park that we visited, but on a much bigger scale...No Turtles though....That is my daughters comment.

The largest man made waterfall west of the Mississippi....On top of that water fall are lilac bushes.  And the smell was intoxicating... I loved hearing the water rushing down the water fall......
You can meander about, sit and relax...Some nice man took our photo for us.  I think this is the most tulips you will see for this post...What a relaxing place...
You can walk up and over the water falls.  Here is my Husband cooling off. 

This is above the water fall....

This is the top of the waterfall with the lilac bushes....
A Moose....How did he get over there?? Makes me wonder do Moose live in Utah?? That is something I have to find out.....It instantly made me think of Vermont and Maine...Perhaps that is why my husband and I enjoyed it so much...It reminded us of our east coast homes....
Another photo looking out from the waterfall...you can see where they have places to buy lunch.  We had a really good cheese burger and tater tot lunch, and lots of water to drink....
Well that is 13 of the photos I took....I'm still in the process of editing them and choosing my favorites.  It will take me a lot of time.  I hope you enjoyed the first peek of my Tulip Festival Adventure.  I look forward to sharing more with you soon.
G.G.



No comments:

Post a Comment