Sunday, May 31, 2015

Throw Back Thursday....School is Out For Summer....

This past week I enjoyed looking through old scrapbook pages of my Children's last days of school throughout the years.  This was my Sons last day of Kindergarten.  The fun thing about grade school was the last day of school was always a party day.  They had a carnival theme.  Both of my children had the same Kindergarten teacher.
While my daughter in this page looks happy, she was a little sad to be leaving her friends behind...But my son well the last day of school could not come fast enough.  Their grade school was JFK Primary School and JFK to my son meant Jail For Kids.
My Daughters last day of school for first grade.  This had to be the best grade school teacher ever, I wish my son could have had her too.  I spent many years going in and helping in her class on my free time.
I also spent many years being a room mom....I was burnt out by the time my daughter moved to 5th grade.  I was glad that class parties were over.  Plus each year the policies changed about food that could be brought in.  We went from every sugary treat imaginable to everything having to come in packages made in a store so all the ingredients could be read...to only fruits and non-sugar items....
My Son on his last day of school in first grade.  I think his sister got the better teacher.


This was my daughters last day of school in 4th grade.  She was ready to move to the next school.
My Son's last day of school for 6th grade....That was the year of the Swine Flu....He got sick and they wouldn't let anyone go to school for 3 days if they had a fever...He didn't have the swine flu but he couldn't go to the last day of school...He was not happy!
Here we are ready for summer.  My Son played for the High School Graduation and told me he can't wait for next year, to Graduate and move on to college...I'm not sure I'm ready for that.  My daughter has a huge list of things she wants to do this summer...Read, practice karate, run with friends, take on-line courses...My son has work too as he is taking AP English next year he is starting to read the books, and study a huge list of vocabulary words...I think I may check these words out and share with you...Maybe I'll even read one of the books... He also hopes to  create a bunch of animated movies on his Youtube site and get a summer job...My goal is to have adventures with my teens this summer.  To look for fun things to do around us...No sitting in the house all day on the computer...
I have to say we are all happy that "SCHOOL IS OUT FOR SUMMER!"
G.G.



No comments:

Post a Comment