Sunday, May 17, 2015

Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival....My Garden Adventure....Brown Tulips.....

As I look through all the photo's I took on my Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival adventure I marveled at all the different colors tulips come in.  One that really caught my attention was the brown tulips.  I searched for brown tulips on the Internet and found only one type....I'm not sure if these are that type or not..But the name was "Brown Sugar" Tulip.
I loved how as you walked along the paths at the Tulip Festival some areas had lots of the same colored tulips and some had a rainbow of colors.  I love to see all the different petal shapes, and colors.

Growing up I remember seeing red tulips, but not all the colors I saw on this trip.  I'm also amazed at all the different sizes tulips come in.  Some are very small and others are huge.

I have to say I was amazed that so many of the flowers still looked good even though it was almost the last week of the festival.  I think I could have spent the whole day walking around.  I'll have to plan to do that next year.
I like the pink, orange, and brown mixed together in this grouping.
So what do you think?  Do you like brown tulips?  I thought they were very unique!

Would you plant brown tulips in your garden?
G.G.


No comments:

Post a Comment