Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I've made it 4 days without credit cards!



Well I've gone 4 days without credit cards so far. Mostly the temptation to spend has been blocked because I have been working too much. When I'm done working all I want to do is rest or clean my poor neglected house. Tomorrow I hope to start my first real credit card detractor. That is to put stickers on my cards that say "Do Not use me!" And " Only Use encase of an emergency." I'm not going to cut them up or freeze them in the freezer. I want to really test my will power.


I didn't do to well on the buy nothing but necessities though. As I bought a few magazines and a book today. But mind you I did use cash. So I need to work on that.

I've heard two good songs that you should listen to.

Dancing in the Minefield. Anyone who is married will love this song! I love the old couples dancing in the video.


Both have some great inspiration. The one book I bought was also for inspiration. The book is called "Random Acts of Kindness. Here is a good quote from it: " One kind word can warm three winter months. " Japanese Proverb.

I also got a gardening magazine, and a cooking magazine.

Here is a garden quote: " We may think that we are tending our garden, but of course, in many different ways, it is the garden and the plants that are nurturing us." By Jenny Uglow.

Moments of Joy: A day off, time to sleep in. Getting my house cleaned up, and cooking a nice large roast chicken dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment