Monday, January 10, 2011

11 days without doing the plastic swipe!

As I head down the road to a new year, I'm happy to say that I've made it 11 days without swiping the plastic credit cards. Although I will admit that on Thursday I will be using one card. The reason though is that I'm going to get a 45% off discount for using it. And I'm going to pay the bill the next week. No interest this year is also a big goal. One girl I work with said it the best, " If you don't have the money on hand then you shouldn't buy it, because you really can't afford it." My son though needs new shoes, and some new shirts and I have the money, just would like the big discount.


Here is an interesting bug that I got a picture of two years ago. It is a Luna Moth. A really interesting bug to look at. I don't know much about them. I'll have to go read up on them.

Here is a good song if you are going through a tough time. "Before the Morning."
Another Song that I found that I like is "Praise You through the storm." I need to share these with my husband. He is really stressed out having to move back to the Toyota dealership. I keep telling him to just relax. I hope things go well for him today. It used to be that I was up in the middle of the night with little babies to take care of. Now it is an anxiety filled husband. I keep saying, you have a job, you are learning, this will work out for your good in the end. I think that's why I like the two songs I've shared with you today.
Moments of Joy: Reading the scriptures in my car when I'm either way to early for work or warming up the car. Meeting new people. Having time to myself.
Thankful for: My house, cars, good health. The Gospel.
Garden thought: Birds are a big part of gardening. When you have the right flowers you get some beautiful birds. I'm going to work on having more bird and bee friendly flowers this year. I love seeing all the wild life. One of my favorite birds is the Grackle. Even though most people dislike this bird, I think it is pretty and that they have a very interesting habit of puffing themselves up to attract a mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment