Friday, January 14, 2011

Wishing for Summer.

This morning it was a whole 7 degrees outside. I got up and started the car and drove my son down the block to the bus stop. I remember freezing mornings in Vermont, waiting for the bus, and getting on the bus just about frost bitten. So each morning I get up and sit in the warm car with my son until the bus comes. I don't like thinking of him standing in the cold and dark each morning. I liked the previous winters where we barely had snow. This winter seems to have a different idea. The other night I had to remind myself that I'm from Vermont, as I drove home at 10:30 in a snow storm. I was amazed by the amount of people who came out shopping.

The big sale hadn't even started. So I hope you enjoy a few summer photo's. Ah the ocean. I can't wait to go and stick my feet in the warm sand. Have a slice of pizza and watch the children and my husband swim. I'll of course at some point get up and find sea shells. When we go to the beach we feel like time stops. Wouldn't that be nice.
Well the song I found for you today is
I hope you like it. I need some strength today. I had thought that because I was still working that I'd been kept on after the holidays. Last night

when I went in to get shoes for my son, I found out from one of the people I started with that they are still deciding who they are keeping. I hope they will tell me soon. I know I'm getting my 90 day review today. Can't believe I've worked there for 3 months. It seems like so much longer. The Library job seems so far away.
So last night I did what my husband has done for the past five months. I tried to sleep and woke up every hour after having horrible dreams. Ugh. It has been nice to just be home alone in the quiet. I have calmed down and feel more positive than before. I would like some consistency in my life. I'd like to know that I have a good job and that my husband has a good job. This just isn't something that is going to happen yet. The good news is my husband gets to go to training 3 days next week. That's three days of 8 hours of pay.
Moments of Joy: Waiting for the bus with my son, listening to the Christian radio station, reading my scriptures every day, listening to U-tube Christian music videos. Reading new magazines.


No comments:

Post a Comment