Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 5 Covering the cards!

So on day five I have covered my 3 credit cards with sticky notes that say " DO NOT USE!", "For Emergency use ONLY!" I'm hoping the pure fact that if I want to use them I would need to take the tape off them will deter me from using them. Now some people I know just cut them up, and others put theirs in the freezer. But I often feel, I might need one if my car breaks down. I don't carry much cash on me so I would need one if I need to get my car towed.


My next step is to pay each of them off. Actually I have paid one off already. I just received the bill for the other two and within the next couple of days they will be paid off. My husband does



have one card and has promised me to only use it to buy gas for his car. I'm hoping to figure out how much he is using each month and then have cash on hand for him so that we can get out of the habit of "Swiping the Plastic." It has just become too easy.


As I have been pondering credit cards and debt I have looked to my Churches website :lds.Org. I searched "Credit Cards" and have come up with lots of magazine articles about keeping out of debt. I hope to share an article with you often.


Here is the first " Understanding Interest on Debt" by Scott Nash. (Just click the link to read)


Here are some good Quotes from the Church




leaders: " President Heber J. Grant: "If there is any one thing that will bring peace and contentment into the human heart, and into the family, it is to live within our means. And if there is any one thing that is grinding and discouraging and disheartening, it is to have debts and obligations that one cannot meet."


President J. Reuben Clark Jr.: " Interest never sleeps, nor sickens, nor dies;... Once in debt, interest is your companion every minute of the day and night; you cannot shun it or slip away from it; you cannot dismiss it; it yields neither to entreaties, demands, or orders; and whenever you get in its way or cross its course or fail to meet its demands, it crushes you!"



The Photo of the socks are my favorite socks to wear after work. They are Kohl's Thermal Therapeutic Socks. They are so soft, cushy, and warm. After standing on my feet for 5 or more hours I can't wait to get home and put them on. I bought a pair for every day of the week. This pair I actually gave to a friend. They are pretty inexpensive and worth every penny in my book.


This is a photo of my cat helping do Christmas cards. Her idea of helping is sitting on the card I'm trying to write. She knocked most of my stuff onto the floor. She was following me all over the house today as I cleaned. It is nice to have her companionship. As I work more I am more grateful for the days I get to spend home cleaning and working on "Me" stuff.





Here is the path that we often walk when we go to the park. I feel I'm walking down a new path this year. I'm not sure where it will lead me I can only hope it leads to a better way of life, and a stronger testimony of the Savior.





After listening to the song " Dancing in the Minefields" I had to share it with my husband. He loved it. We found that we like other songs by the same artist. The musician is Andrew Peterson. Here is another " The Good Confession."

Hope you enjoy listening.

Garden Quote: Be like the sun and meadow, which are not in the least concerned about the coming of winter. By George Bernard Shaw.

Random Acts of Kindness quote: When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people. By Abraham Herschel.

Moments of Joy: Having a quiet morning at home to clean and organize. (Christmas is almost gone in my house.) Playing with my cat as she followed me around. Going to the Library and looking at books.

Any tips on not using credit cards would be appreciated.












No comments:

Post a Comment