Friday, January 28, 2011

It's Not Me, It's the Plastic....

My Son is a great young artist. He loves drawing comics. Here is one he did of our cat looking for the perfect scratching post. I have been the unfortunate scratching post every now and then. It is not fun.

I was reading about not using credit cards and found it very interesting that when you go out and buy with credit cards you think less. The delay of having to pay, and the swiping of the card allow you to detach yourself from the purchase. I've actually noticed this month how I'm looking more at how much costs as I shop. I know I only have so much money and so I'm very careful about each purchase. I've also found


That I'm not enjoying shopping as much. Or should I say, I just don't want to be at the stores and I'm annoyed when the stores don't have the item I'm looking for. I've decided to just stay away from Wal-Mart. It was way too busy, and had nothing that I wanted. Plus half their stuff was gone. Perhaps it was because everyone needed to get out after the storm.

Here is my song of the day : This is the Stuff.. By Francesca Battistelli.
I heard this the other morning and liked it as I was thinking about something that was bothering me. I heard the song and remembered I should


be more focused on what is right in my life. I have been thinking each day about things that bring me joy. Just small simple things. I have found though as I do this life just seems better.

I'm not as stressed out, and I just take life one day at a time. We have made it through another week. My husband has a job offer, but I think he will stay where he is. This new job doesn't seem to have much advancement to offer. It is just short term with a possibility of something more. It just seems a little sketchy to me.





Moments of Joy:) Spending time visiting with a family friend, Chatting on the phone with my mom. Taking a nap on a snowy day. Having time to read a whole book. The book was "The Snow Bride." Makes our snow storm seem small compared to living in Alaska. It was a fun, no brain book.

Thankful For:) Good health, warm home, ability to drive home in a blizzard. Healthy, Happy Children.




























































































One of my favorite things to do at night is snuggle with Kitty. Don't we look comfy?

No comments:

Post a Comment