Friday, September 27, 2019

Exploring Utah. The Golden Spike National Park.

Our adventure of the week was to find the Spiral Jetty which is located
somewhere on the Great Salt Lake.   I never know just how far away something 
is from our house.  The drive to the Spiral Jetty from our house is a long, long drive.

Before you get to the turn off to the Spiral Jetty you pass
the Golden Spike National Park.

My husband sees the trains and so our trip is diverted.

It was a beautiful day and the trains were running and so we had a nice 
adventure.

If you plan to go to this park try to make sure the trains are running.
I've talked to a lot of people who have gone and not seen the trains run.
So I feel like it was extra special because we got to see the trains in action.



There isn't much else to see if you don't like trains.




It was such a beautiful day.  Perfect temperature.

There is a gift shop and museum with movies.
The movies are what kept us from getting to the Spiral Jetty.
By the time we finished watching the movies we had to head home.


Well I hope you enjoy the train photos.  I enjoyed the day adventure with my husband
while we took time to explore a new place in Utah.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment