Thursday, September 12, 2019

Garden Walk Week 23. Slipping into September.

Can you believe that it is September?  
I did not accomplish all the things I wanted to accomplish this
summer.  My new thought is to just get myself set up
so next year I can accomplish things. 

The Humming bird was loving these flowers this week.




I have started to do family history work again. 
I took a year off from it, maybe more and now I am trying 
hard to work on it every day.  I unlike most members of the 
church seem to find new names to the point that
it becomes overwhelming.

I have been thinking a lot about my life this year.  I think mainly this is 
because I have just lost a few too many friends this year.
I heard an interesting thing about death this past week.
Death teaches you as much about the priorities you should have in life
as any other trial.
I have learned from the loss of friends and pets this year.
I have learned to slow down and give more love to my family.
I have learned to be grateful for the things that I have.
I have looked at my life more and really thought about what my purpose in life might be.

Do you believe we all come here with a purpose? 
I think my two big roles in life have been wife and mother. 
I have loved those two roles. I know that not everyone gets to 
have the opportunity to be a wife or mother and 
I am thankful that I was blessed with this opportunity.

I give a lot of my time to my family. I enjoy it.

I feel very blessed to have been able to raise the
two children I have.  They are so different from 
each other and yet our family has a sweet harmony to it.

As I learn about my ancestors and their lives I see
how in a small way my decisions have changed the course of our family tree.
My family tree has a lot of sad tales of poverty, abuse and
broken relationships.

I was able to make good choices and change this
cycle.  My mother and her care for me helped with this also.
We have been able to set a new generation up with
more hope of success and stability and faith in God.

My Church believes that we are all linked together
through the generations and that those living now
need to do work for those who have gone before.
I believe that as you learn and see the trials of your ancestors

you can honor them by making choices that make 
for a stronger family.  

I am very thankful for the opportunities I have
had to make a strong family.  It is such a sweet blessing
to have peace and harmony in my home.  
To have laughter and love.



I so enjoy playing photographer.  I so enjoy wandering 
in a garden and letting time slip slowly by.

This is a Cotton flower.  I had never seen what cotton looks like before.

It's very beautiful.

This is hops. I loved all the different plants in the gardens this year.



I think the secret garden is my favorite spot.

For the rest of the year I'm looking for ways to simplify my life.
I am looking to find ways to slow it all down.
I'm tired of how this world likes to pull you in a million directions.




Do you think we helped in the designing of this world?
Do you think as spirits we helped design the flowers and animals 
that are here with us?



There is so much beauty in this world.  I just love looking
at nature and thinking about our God, the grand designer of this
world.  Are you there God?  Do you know me?  I'm looking for you.
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment