Saturday, July 13, 2019

Empty Nesters. The summer nest is filled and I love it.

Summer is here and the nest is filled to the brim.
First my son came home from his mission in April.
Then my daughter came home from college in may.  Both were
very successful with the out of home experiences.  My son had a 
life changing two year experience and came back more confident and ready to take on the 
world.  My daughter got straight "A's" her first year of college, and she was
taking really hard classes.  I got quiet a few new grey hairs!  
Then we welcomed a new rescue cat into our lives.

So what is this family doing this summer.  We are all working Ugh!
But we find time to connect.  My daughter and I play different word games 
together all day.  It's been a fun treat.

We all spend at least one night together playing Scrabble.
Even Dynamite sits with us and helps me make words.

We have gone and watched lots of movies.
We also sat down and wrote a list of places we would like to visit 
before the end of the summer.
We are enjoying our time together and it has been so 
nice to see the bond that is growing between my young adult children.
They took an adventure on the train and checked out the 
school my son will be attending this fall.
I don't look forward to fall and the emptying of the nest.
These next few summers before they leave for good will be sweet and
I plan to soak in as much time with my children before they are too busy
to be with me. 
I'm thankful for this summer and all the sweet little memories we are making.
what are you doing this summer?
Do you have a favorite place to visit?
Do you have a favorite game to play as a family?
G.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment