Thursday, June 11, 2015

Throw Back Thursday....Missing Cat Club.....


Back in New Jersey after we adopted our cat my daughter joined the 4H cat club.  She was excited to learn about cats and be with other people who liked cats too.
When they had meetings we would take our cat to the meetings.  The kids learned about cats, they learned how to show their cats, and they did service projects.

They had cat shows with judges.  They also had a cat quiz bowl.  The first year we did not show our cat.  But my daughter did participate in the quiz bowl.
She did win an award the second year when she showed her cat.  I got so nervous watching her and our cat that I didn't take any photos.
I think she also had our cat in the costume class this year.  Cat's don't really like to be at cat shows.  But it was fun for my daughter.
Waiting to show her cat.... This was the one time in my life that I have been able to use my Animal Science degree.  I taught the kids once a month about cat issues.  I also found and put together the animal quiz bowl questions.  I loved being able to use my animal science knowledge to teach the kids.

They also did a 3 day 4H fair.  I loved being there and talking to people.  We had a lot of fun.
And of course when you go to a fair the best part is getting lots of cotton candy.  I had hoped that we would find a 4H group out here...My daughter now says I loved the cat club more than her...And now she is happy to be in Karate....

The other thing I loved about cat club...It was free....And while I enjoy being a Karate Mom....I sure do miss the free cat club meetings and all the people we made friends with...And it was really fun to use some of my science back ground....Someday I may look for a job with animals....But if grown ups can throw tantrums like toddlers about clothing issues I can't imagine how bad they would be if something happened to their pet...And I'm not sure I'm ready to find out.
G.G.




No comments:

Post a Comment